Code of Ethics
All members of the Central BMD Club agree to abide by its general Code of Ethics.
1. Will properly house, feed water & exercise all dogs under their care & arrange for appropriate veterinary attention if & when required.
2. Will agree without reservation that any veterinary surgeon performing an operation on any of their dogs which alters the natural conformation of the dog, or who carries out a caesarean section on a bitch, may report such operation to the Kennel Club.
3. Will agree that no healthy puppy be culled. Puppies which may not conform to the Breed Standard should be placed in suitable homes.
4.Will abide by all aspects of the Animal Welfare Act.
5. Will not create demand for, nor supply puppies that have been docked illegally.
6. Will not agree to breed from a dog or bitch which could in any way be harmful to the dog or the breed.
7. Will not allow any of their dogs to roam at large or cause a nuisance to neighbours or those carrying out official duties.
8. Will ensure that their dogs wear properly tagged collars & will be kept leashed or under effective control when away from home.
9. Will clean up after their dogs in public places or anywhere where their dogs are being exhibited.
10. Will only sell dogs where there is a reasonable expectation of a happy & healthy life & will help with the rehoming of a dog if the initial circumstances change.
11. Will supply written details of all dietary requirements & give guidance concerning responsible ownership when placing dogs in a new home.
12. Will ensure that all Kennel Club documents are provided to the new owner when selling or transferring a dog, & will agree, in writing, to forward any relevant documents at the earliest opportunity, if not immediately available.
13. Will not sell any dog to commercial wholesalers, retail pet dealers or directly or indirectly allow dogs to be given as a prize or donation in a competition of any kind. Will not sell or auction Kennel Club registration certificates as stand-alone items.
14. Will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed or falsely advertise dogs nor mislead any person regarding the health or quality of a dog.
Breach of these provisions may result in expulsion from Club membership and/or disciplinary action by the Kennel Club and/or reporting to the relevant authorities for legal action, as appropriate.